Car checks: have you done them today? If not, why not?
Car checks should be done on a regular basis at least once or twice a fortnight. This might save yours or someone else’s life one day.
The way we check cars at Kingsland Tyres is that we start off by looking at the outside aspects of the vehicle – this includes head lights, tyres and bodywork. Most of the tyres we inspect, more often than not, have poor tread; this is why we like to have affordable tyres at your disposal, ready to replace the worn-out tyres on your vehicle.
The UK laws state that the limit of the tyre tread must be 1.6 millimetres, across the centre of the tyre. This can be tested with a 20p coin – all you have to do is place it in the centre of the tread. If the bottom edge of the 20p coin is completely obscured, then the coin passes the tread test – if not, then the tread depth is below the legal limit.
These are some checks you can do at home with ease:
- Windows: make sure they are clear and that mirrors are not dirty and in the correct position to suit you.
- Fuel levels: don’t just wait for the fuel light to turn on – top up when you get the chance.
- Car lights: make sure they work on all the different settings and if they need replacing, then come along to Kingsland Tyres – we can do it for you.
- Water levels: make sure the water is topped up especially in hotter weather.
- Electric: make sure that all wires and electricals are not exposed to the environment and check that your battery is not flat.
If your tyre doesn’t look bold, then you might want to come to us and we will be able to supply you with a great deal for new tyres which can be put on there and then. We sell different sizes of tyres in our shop, so whatever you need, we will be able to fit it.
We also have a strict tyre checking procedure to make sure your tyres are fully road safe and equipped to your vehicle in a proper manner. If you have any questions or wonder what deals we have on offer than please visit our website at http://kingslandtyres.co.uk/.
If you are looking for cheap tyres in Blackpool than be sure to look out for Kingsland tyres.